Tuesday 13 March 2012

Body confidence: clothes that help

I’ve just been attending a conference at London’s Olympia, all about making communications work on technology. I know, it’s an exciting life. I sat through presentation after presentation and concluded, very quickly, that the shallow stuff matters. The worst presenters were the ones in the least well-fitted clothes.

OK, I’ll amend that. The worst was the guy who wore the ill fitting clothes then didn’t notice he was standing in front of his presentation so the audience couldn’t see it. But you get the idea. The more awkward the fit, the more awkward the manner. This is true of both sexes and it’s interesting to see how attitudes to what sort of body type ‘works’ in different historical contexts.

For the rest of this post please click this link for the Wizard Jeans blog where it appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've now opened comments up to 'everybody' - but I'll be moderating, purely to avoid spam and blatantly commercial responses. Comment away - I'll look forward to hearing what you have to say!