Thursday 21 June 2012

Strawberries and cream for Wimbledon

I'm not a football fan (that said, good luck England for this evening) so it may not come as a surprise that I'm considerably more excited about Wimbledon fortnight which starts on Monday. I'll be popping along, probably wearing a rather nice new King and Allen blazer which my wife says is boxy but which I rather like.

But I'm not blogging about blazers today - I'm blogging about the Wimbledon tradition of strawberries and cream. Related to this Lindt has launched a new flavour of choccy bar, Strawberry Intense (pictured) and they've been kind enough to send me a bar to try.

I get a little cynical about these new flavours, particularly when strawberries are involved. When I was a kid there were strawberry ice creams and strawberry chocolate and indeed strawberry custard, all of which shared in common one thing: they tasted of sugar and not strawberry in the slightest.

Presumably things have changed since the seventies. Dentistry is better, clothing is on the whole made with lighter fabrics and this bar certainly tastes of what it should do; there's an intensity in the filling which has been missing from a number of previous attempts by other manufacturers.

I could certainly recommend this as a fun variant on the standard chocolate bar. My daughter's certainly demanding more, which tells you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've now opened comments up to 'everybody' - but I'll be moderating, purely to avoid spam and blatantly commercial responses. Comment away - I'll look forward to hearing what you have to say!