Thursday 1 March 2012

Prostate cancer awareness month

OK, serious blog post time. No picture, even.

It's Prostate Cancer Awareness month. The most common cancer among men, 10,000 of us die of it every year and if you're over 50 - and I know this site is aimed at people starting at a younger age but some of you are in that category - there's no reason your GP won't happily test, advise on prevention and try to see you don't end up as one of that 10,000.

I don't fall for the various bits of cancer charity propaganda saying "we can beat this" - we're not immortal, something's going to get us eventually. But you can shorten the odds through lifestyle and getting yourself checked periodically.

Tomorrow I'll write about brightly coloured shirts or something - but meanwhile do have a think about getting your prostate checked if you haven't already done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've now opened comments up to 'everybody' - but I'll be moderating, purely to avoid spam and blatantly commercial responses. Comment away - I'll look forward to hearing what you have to say!