Friday 11 May 2012

Summer scents 3: Classics from Jo Malone

Today's summer scent isn't actually one that's been sent to me, just something I'm rather fond of. Jo Malone is a perfumier in London and this Lime, Basil and Mandarin Cologne is quite stunning. Intended as unisex it's a lot less sweet and artificial-smelling than a lot of the more traditional scents on offer in the dedicatedly male market just at the moment.

You're hit by a sharpness from the limes, offset by the distinctive sweetness of the basil and mandarin - one thing I like about Jo Malone's stuff is that there's no pretentious naming, no silly descriptions, the bottle tells you what it smells like and it's really as easy as that.

Equally good is the same company's Grapefruit cologne (below) - again, it does what it says on the bottle. Long lasting and yes it's costly but seriously, just use a tiny squirt and you're set for the day. Better yet, put a little of the Lime, Basil and Mandarin on and then follow withj a tiny bit of the Grapefruit - it's a really good refreshing combination (guess who bought a multi-pack in Duty Free last year).

These aren't review samples, they're things I've bought and would certainly buy again.

Declaration: The links lead to Amazon through my affiliates scheme, I get a tiny cut of any purchases anyone makes through them - this has not biased my writing at all.

Second declaration: Amazon provides the pictures so when it says "No image available" it's no use blaming me!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've now opened comments up to 'everybody' - but I'll be moderating, purely to avoid spam and blatantly commercial responses. Comment away - I'll look forward to hearing what you have to say!